Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ten Ten, Baby!

We're a nation of lists. It doesn't mean anything to us unless it shows up on a list, somewhere. We delight when our preferences are confirmed by someone's "Top Ten" and jeer when something shows up on a "Worst Of". I want you to ask yourself: are you really that afraid of or incapable of coming up with your own unadulterated opinion about something?

But, it's a brand new year, and I'll try and get into the spirit of things (in addition to my usual list in the sidebar). Without further ado, or more clever explanation, my top ten list of top ten lists:

3 comments:

  1. What? No Top 10 Bitter Dregs posts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Top 5 Problems with Your Lists:
    -Not enough lists about films
    -Baseball is boring
    -"Artisanal" is being used in relation to beer
    -I don't read "The New Yorker"
    -You're using this as an excuse to weasel out of writing your own lists

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple of suggestions for "Best Live Jazz Albums"...

    ReplyDelete