Friday, October 18, 2013

Chilled Perfection

Despite my previous railing against difficult to source ingredients and twee cocktails in general, I have found what may be the perfect expression of the martini known as the Vesper.  For the Bond fans, my apologies for swapping brands, but Gordon's Gin isn't what it once was.  This is my current recipe, and it's kicking off my weekend quite well. 

Chill a martini glass with crushed ice and a small pour of absinthe. 

In a shaker, combine with ice:
1 oz Aviator Gin
1 oz Dogfish Head Jin
1 oz Kettle One Vodka
1 oz Dolin Blanc Vermouth
2 shakes Angostura Orange Bitters

Shake vigorously until well-chilled. Empty your glass of ice and absinthe. Strain the cocktail into the seasoned glass. Ba-boom! Chilled perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment