Monday, October 12, 2015

Martini Mondays - Interlude

Hey, it's a holiday, so drink whatever you like.

I'm using this off-week to talk a brief second about glassware. Some folks get really tweaked about glasses in general. I'm a little more "come as you are" on the glassware front. Whatever gets it into my mouth does the job. But within that parameter, there are endless variations.


You find coupes, cocktail glasses, giant birdbaths and everything in between. My two thoughts on glasses for your martini:

First, giant oversized glasses may look like a circus trick and allow you to pour in an eight-ounce martini, but they tend to be unstable and drinks that large go tepid before you usually drink them. I prefer my martinis, no matter the recipe, to be well- chilled.

Second, pack your glass with ice ahead of time. That way, the chill on your drink lasts longer.

Like wine glasses, cocktail glasses are stemmed so that you don't have to hold the vessel itself, thus using your own body heat to warm a drink that usually isn't served with ice.

Simple, right?

#martinimondays

No comments:

Post a Comment