Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snowed In

In honor of the weather and the snow and the polar vortex, I stocked up on some Pendleton Canadian Whiskey for the day off.  It's been a while since I've tasted any, since last year in Montreal, and I was pleasantly surprised. Light and slightly sweet, it has plenty of spicy overtones.  I went to liquor.com and searched cocktail recipes containing specifically Canadian Whiskey and they came up with four.

You can find the list here:


So far today, I've tried the Citius, Altius, Fortius and the Flanders. I think the absinthe overpowers the first one bit, although the combo provides a fresh, citrusy drink with an anise edge.  The Flanders, basically a Manhattan with Canuck spirits, is an easy-drinking variation with hints of maple.

It's perhaps telling that I have these ingredients on hand, but it's made for a relaxing snow day.  I may try the other two recipes before the end of the day.  Cheers, Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment